Apart from being an awesomely easy and successful way to lose weight without having to go on a diet, intermittent fasting is just a gift that keeps on giving.
Whenever you’re motivation is waning, all you need to do is read through this list of incredible health benefits that you’ll be getting at the same time .
Research has shown that intermittent fasting:
- Regulates your insulin sensitivity, which is essential for optimal health as insulin resistance (when your body stops functioning well to store away blood sugar) is a major contributor to chronic disease such as diabetes, heart disease and even cancer.
- Regulates ‘ghrelin’ levels (also known as “the hunger hormone”) which helps our brain cells to regenerate to keep our memory and cognitive function sharp as we get older.
- Stimulates human growth hormone (HGH) production, which plays an important role in in slowing down the aging process.
- Lowers your blood triglyceride levels and therefore the risk of heart disease and stroke.
- Reduces inflammation and damage to your body from free radicals.
- Causes a protective process in the brain which can help prevent degenerative diseases like Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s.
So next time you’re struggling to get through a fast remember all of these health benefits and that by intermittent fasting you’re becoming healthier than the average person who doesn’t fast.