What is OMAD (One Meal a Day)?
To make things nice and easy, this method is exactly as the name implies. You eat one meal a day and at any time of the day you like, morning, noon, or evening.
The catch? Or should I say the catches, are that it’s every single day of the week, you have a 4-hour window to eat your one meal in to make sure that it’s roughly at the same time everyday. That way you will be fasting for around 23 hours a day.
Just make sure you follow these rules:
- Only eat ONE meal per day.
- The meal has to be one average-sized dinner plate of food including any desserts and sauces. You don’t need to count calories at all.
- You can have one beverage with calories with the meal.
- You should feel satisfied after your meal. (Don’t starve yourself!)
- Any medications, vitamins, or supplements are taken with the meal.
- Eat whatever you want but obviously try and choose good, nutritious food.
- Finish your meal within an hour of starting.
If you choose this method but it sounds way too much to get your head around, I highly recommend easing in to it by doing it every second day for a week or two before deciding whether you want to do it every day of the week.
For more information
If you choose this method, good luck! Let us know in the comments below how you find OMAD or if you have any questions.