If you’ve read “How to Lose Weight by Fasting – The beginners Guide to Intermittent Fasting‘ you would hopefully have read through the eating personality types and picked one that sounds the most like you. To recap on these types:
- You often unintentionally go long periods of time without food if you’re busy or forget to eat and you barely even notice.
- You’ve probably never really been on a ‘diet’ before.
- You don’t have any anxious feelings towards the idea of fasting and going without food for a set period of time.
- This personality type tends to be mainly men but can also be women who have had no history of strict dieting.
- You notice if you skip breakfast and prefer to have it even if you’re not hungry ‘just in case’ you get hungry later on and for some reason don’t have access to food.
- You feel uncomfortable knowing that you might have to skip a meal and ‘wait until later’.
- You’ve probably been on a diet before and didn’t enjoy it at all. The thought of going on another diet makes you feel anxious.
- This personality type can be both men and women who have dieted before.
- You may have tried many strict, fad diets, crash diets before , and have tried banning certain foods or entire food groups from your diet altogether.
- You probably gave up your diet and over ate or binged on the foods you restricted.
- You might go through phases of dieting and overeating.
- You have anxious feelings about going without food for any length of time
- You tend to never skip a meal and you eat when you’re not hungry or due to your emotions (emotional eating).
- You like to know when and what your next meal will be.
- This type of personality tends to be more women than men, very focused individuals who put a lot of time and effort into researching their weight management. These tend to be more analytical types who meticulously chart progress and are very hard on themselves if they don’t achieve the often unattainable goals they set for themselves.
Once you’ve chosen an eating personality type and your fasting method you’re ready to get started! Type A’s can get started straight away, Type B’s might have to start at a slower pace and Type C’s will need to be very cautious.
If you want a tailored plan to suit your needs try out iFasters Intermittent Fasting Plan to help you start at the right pace and to stick to a sustainable plan.